Friday, May 21, 2010

It's time to finish my clocks


I had a request from my gorgeous son. He wanted to make a clock and wondered if we could make one together. So in the school holidays we went down to the local scrapbooking store and bought a blank wooden clock kit. After we returned home he went though my scrapbook papers and chose the ones you see incorporated in the clock above. He painted the background, numbers and the gears, I inked all the edges. He cut the papers and stuck them down. I did more inking. 

Yesturday I had some down time so did the last couple of steps, like gluing on the numbers and the gears and assembling the clock motor and hands. When he returned home from school and saw the clock finished he flew into my arms with the greatest hug and kiss, and biggest "Thank you so much, Mummy!" 

It will look great on his wall.

And while things were drying on clock number one I finished the final step for clock number two - putting in a photo:


Ok, so I don't really feel like it's finished. I still want to add some text to it, and I am spending some time thinking it through and planning the where and the how and the what (it will look like). I made this clock for my precious big girl's birthday. She was suitably blown away by it. Big hugs and thanks yous galore. I love the way that we have cultivated gratefulness in our children.

2 comments:

  1. They both look awesome Renee! I love the colours on Ethan's - great boy colours :)

    Jas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clocks are wonderful! You did a great job!
    Aunty Carolyn

    ReplyDelete