Thursday, May 6, 2010

One of my almost-finished projects



This is a bag known by its pattern as the 'Bow Bag' (for obvious reasons!) that I almost finished a few months ago. Shameful, I know. There are two things that hamper my ability to finish it: one is pure and simple lazyness. the other is a distinct lack of what I need.

Let me explain...

The lazy part is because I need to simply cut a base shape out of template plastic to put into the bag so that it sits nicely and squarely. It you look closely at the bottom of the bag you will note that does not! I have the plastic, all I have to do is cut out the silly shape and put it in. Why don't I do it? Because there are so many other things (that are way more interesting!) that I would rather do with my spare minutes!

The lack is because I simply have not found the right button for the closure. I must find the right button! I must!

So, there. Another thing that is sitting in my shameful ufo pile. Shameful because it is ssssooooooooo big. But a happy pile to look at and explore none-the-less!

Maybe now that I have owned my lazyness I might just find the motivation to finish...

2 comments:

  1. Renee - that is such a pretty bag!
    I sooo know what you mean. I have a myriad of unfinished projects for the same reasons you mentioned. I have a half finished bag sitting on my desk - it's been there since about Christmas!!! I have all the pieces cut out and have started sewing it together. I think I reached a fiddly part and put it aside for another day. It would probably only take me an hour or 2 to finsih it. Still, I procrastinate...
    Love you Projects in Progress list - great idea!
    Jas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jas! I fell in love with that fabric when I first saw it and just had to make a bag out of it. A number of people have asked me if I made it for one of my girls, to which I reply, "No, it's for me!" lol! I began that bag just after Christmas, so I know what you mean. Only mine would only take about 10mins to finish! Time to anti-crastinate about it, me thinks! Hugs, Renee xoxox

    ReplyDelete