Friday, December 19, 2014

From rubbish to useful - an experiment in re-use

I decided to make a book out of paper bags:

 and here is how I used my new book:
This page opened out into a pocket that I could  put photos, tickets, tags etc into (see below)

there is stitching along the seams and outer edge to create pockets

It's hard to see, but I tapped in a clear plastic page here - it was resused from a package

I stitched a torn book page and red striped ribbon to the flap of an envelope for some added interest

Here I tapped in a postcard and journaled on the other side. The left hand page opens out into a pocket that I inserted ephemera into from our outing (see below)

This is the pocket page opened out

Here I attached a pocket to put photos into and tapped in an envelope to put our ephemera into


Reverse of the tapped -in envelope 

This is an envelope that I opened up along the glued edges so that it could open up to become a big journaling spread

Inside I tapped a post card into the envelope to make it into a kind of book in a book

My beautiful blessings loved my book, so I made one each with them and for them.

Amazingly, I still have heaps of paper bags.

I have to exercise immense self control NOT to collect more.

Argh!

The joys of genetic hoarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment