Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A bit of recent creativity

I made an advent calendar with my blessings.
I was inspired to make an advent calendar with my blessings this year, and then went and secretly stuffed it with all kinds of things...

Each day of December has a bible reading leading to the birth of Jesus - the reason that we celebrate Christmas.

Most days have an activity suggestion, like: look at Christmas lights; drink hot chocolate; donate some toys to charity; give some baked treats to a neighbour etc.

And then the 'gift' inside has to do with the activity suggestion. i.e. drink hot chocolate has mini marshmallows inside.

After decorating all the bags and boxes I hung them over a dead tree branch from our yard that I had twisted fairy lights around. I hung bits of sphagnum moss over it, some baubles and ribbon.

The kids LOVE opening it each morning, listening to the bible story unfold and following through on the daily suggestion.

And I'm having fun with it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment