Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blog Makeover

Ok, so I decided that if I am going to get into this blogging thing, then I need a pretty 'Nay-like' blog. Those that know me know that I prefer to make my own designs for things, so would not be surprised that I set out to try to learn how to make my blog pretty all by myself (with heaps of help from Glen). As I looked at tutorials I discovered that it is going to take me more than a night and some basic Photoshop skills to achieve such a purpose so decided to look for some FREE premade templates to use while I learn. As it turns out there is next to nothing Nay-ish for free.

But then I found 'Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates' and 'Premades with a Purpose'. There are definately some Nay-ish templates there! The one that stuck in my head is the one you now see. By the time I found it I was starting to think that I would have to pay if I wanted anything that would suit the picture in my head. As I looked at Lena's stuff, I realised that she is only charging $US5 for her premades. Being the detail person that I am, I read all about her and what she is doing. Turns out that she is selling Blog templates to fund an adoption. So, even though I chose a freebie I decided to pay for it. I'm not putting that out there to make myself look good, I want to support what she is doing. So if any of the two or three people that actually read this need a blog template, go to her. She has beautiful stuff, is doing it for a great cause and is worth supporting. And thanks to her very easy to understand tutorials I figured out how to put her button over there on the left. Yay for me and yay for learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment