Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Early Morning Creative Quiet Times

I did it! This morning I got up at 5:20am - yes, AM! It was so hard to drag myself out of bed in the cool dark of the morning, but I did it. At 7:30am I am still sleepy and can see myself crawling back into bed everytime I blink. Glen tells me that it will take a while for my body to get used to it. He says this as he bounces around this morning as the amazing morning person that he is. I am going to keep it up, but I really do wonder if I will be able to convince my body that getting up before the sun is really a good idea...

Having said all that, I did spend some good time pondering Proverbs 31. One of my first posts related to a book that I began making on the Proverbs 31 woman. I set myself a project to creatively study my way through the verses and learn about what it means to be an 'excellent wife' whose worth is 'far above jewels'. This morning I was working on the first part of verse 10: 'An excellent wife who can find?' Though the question is answered in great detail in the following verses, today I am left with more questions than answers. I know that she is rare, that is part of why she is so valuable. But what is an 'excellent wife' - what does she look like? and, what does it take to be an 'excellent wife'? and, how do I become an 'excellent wife'? These are my questions. I am a little trepidous as I embark upon finding out the answers to these questions, because I know tthat I am just not going to stack up well against this vastly elusive woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment