Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stuff that I am making...


Recently I realised that when I make things and give them away I have no record of what I have poured my heart and soul into creating for someone special. So today I took photos of a few of the (hundreds of) projects that I have on the go at the moment. I then decided to document them here. It is so much fun to blog, but there is that part of me that worries about what people will think of my creations. I know that I have been blessed with beautiful friends who only offer encouragement and support. But creating a blog is really putting it out there! Today I decided to swallow my fear of criticism and just diarize my progress. For me. I think that it may just give me the extra motivation to get my (many) projects finished!


So, here is the first one:

Isabella's Colour Book
I come from a long line of hoarders and find that it goes against my training to throw anything away. As such I have a reasonably sized basket of scraps. I figured that if I was going to justify keeping them, then I had better find a use for them. So I combined my scraps with my sizable ribbon collection and made a series of rough mini-quilts which I am in the process of making into a 'book'. Isabella is learning her colours and has been enjoying playing with the bits as it has all been coming together. As a sensory-seeker I have had so much fun making it and playing with the texture. If Bella doesn't take to it, I might just keep it to play with myself!


This picture shows the beginnings of the 'binding'. It simply consists of eyelet holes and big rings to hold the pages together. I was having issues with creating the eylet holes, so I am going to work on another method. There will be four holes in each page.



And this picture shows the back of the pages, just because I wanted to record them! 



2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Renee! Such an easy idea (and a great way to use scraps)
    I look forward to seeing your creative work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carley! Yes, very easy. I litterally just threw the scraps together and roughly cut the sewn-up bits to size. I hardly even measured. It was just one of those days when I wanted to get it done. I have been enjoying your creative work and ideas and so wish that I had come up with such great ideas! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete