Sunday, July 17, 2011

more monochromatic goodness, only this time with colour!

Continuing work on the monochromatic, we had to create colour scales of each of the optimal colours in the colour wheel. OK, so that's not true. To satisfy requirements we had to process 3 of the optimal colours by doing tints and shades of them. I processed all of them because I'm a little obsessive compulsive and I wanted to see all the pretty colours in my portfolio. We then had to take one of those scales and mount it with a picture that reflected the scale. The above is my ultramarine blue scale with tints and shades. It's a shame the computer screen doesn't quite do the colours justice - it really is a beautiful colour.


Then we had to create monochromatic scales again with 3 of the optimal colours, this time with their tonally equal grey. Then to choose one and mount it with a picture reflecting the colour changes. I chose this picture because I love the patina of rust on pretty much everything.

2 comments:

  1. Ooops! this is where I was supposed to say that I love rust! Great pic, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe! That's funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete