Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Some design processes

Next on the list we some design processes that we applied to a chosen man-made object.

Given my fascination of old things and keys I chose an old key.

Firstly I created a line drawing of our object

Then I created varying sizes of it.

After that using a bunch of cheats techniques, I created a whole bunch of different designs based on my old key. My designs ranged from semi-abstract, to abstract, to completely whimsical.

I have to admit that while I enjoyed the process of doing this, I really did not enjoy the exercise as a whole!

Here are the designs that made it into my portfolio:

semi-abstract
semi-abstract
The black of my pics does not translate well on the computer!
abstract
abstract
Coming up next are my whimsical designs - once again I was the only one to come up with whimsical designs to match this brief. My brain is just a little quirky.



 I got good marks for this one, which made the pain of doing this whole exercise worthwhile! If you are reading right to the end of this, sorry for boring you! This is the part of my portfolio that I comment least on.

No comments:

Post a Comment