Tuesday, July 12, 2011

my excuse is that i've been studying!

I haven't posted anything in ages, and it's not for lack of want.

This year has been crazy in so many ways, and has been so full of events including (but not limited to) deaths, sickness,  broken bones,  more sickness, and quite a bit of grief.

I've been hiding under a rock!


I think that I'm done now.

I wanted to catalogue some of the work that I've done these past months, so here goes!

The first major assessment we had was to create one of these:
Bauhaus colour wheel
The colour translation is not brilliant, but, anyway...

... it is a Bauhaus based colour wheel, and we had to create it by eye. We were provided the primary colours in gouache (2 blues 2 reds and 2 yellows). We then had to mix the optimal colours at exact increments, totally by eye. About one hundred paint chips later, I presented this. It took hours! Fortunately I received full credit for it!

I am not offended if anyone finds this completely uninspiring! I would not have found it interesting in my pre ISCD days!

2 comments:

  1. I can just see all the time it took to do this!
    This is giving me ideas for a school holiday activity for the library!!
    Aunty Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing some with my kids and collage materials. I should post pics when we're done. It's so much fun, I enjoy it as much as them.

    ReplyDelete